Buying and Selling
Buying a home is an exciting prospect and the right solicitor can help the process run as smoothly and stress-free as possible. Beacon Wealth Legal is experienced in the process of selling, buying and transferring properties. Whether you are purchasing or selling a family home, flat, investment property or land, you can trust in our expertise to make the whole process easier for you.
Buying or selling a home usually takes two to three months. This process can take longer depending on the chain of buyers and sellers.
There are certain things that need to happen before buying or selling a house;
- Seller must provide an Energy Performance Certificate for the property
- If using an estate agent, offers must be made through them
- Once an offer has been accepted it is the seller’s responsibility to draw up a legal contract to transfer ownership
- An offer is not legally binding until contracts are exchanged
- Depending on the amount given, the buyer may have to pay stamp duty land tax (if more than £125,000)
Beacon Wealth Legal aim to maintain constant communication with clients throughout the buying and selling process. If you are thinking/in the process of buying or selling your home call Beacon Wealth Legal.
Contact your specialist for advice.
Tel: 01480 219699